Monday 7 February 2011

Velvet Tongue - 6 Feb - Thanks! + POEMS

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the first edition of Velvet Tongue, which has received a 5 STAR review at remotegoat.co.uk:
"Fun, diverse and so sexy!"
http://www.remotegoat.co.uk/review_view.php?uid=6555

Thanks to 10 Gales, for providing a stunning physical space; thanks also to Sina Evil, Cathy Flower, Jonathan Kemp and Sophie Cameron, for their brilliant guest readings; as well as Ant Smith, Marcus Reeves, Graham Buchan, Mel Jones, Kevin Maxwell, Alan Wolfson, Natasha Moskovici, Sophia Blackwell, Scarlet French and Mathew Stradling for their fabulous open mic performances; and, last but no least, a wonderful (packed) audience. 

Here's some photographic evidence:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarezale/
Also by Ant Smith:
I include here two pieces that were written specifically for the event. They're both entitled "Velvet Tongue" and were performed on Sunday 6th February 2011 at Ten Gales. One is a  breath taking poem by one of the featured poets, Cathy Flower (pictured  - below -  by Lewis Horsman); the other one is a little limerick by the host, Ernesto Sarezale. Here they are:



Velvet Tongue
(by Cathy Flower)

Oh velvet tongue don’t ever leave me
Your velvet ribbon on my skin
Does such tanta-lizing things
Oops-ay… I spilt my…  coff-ay
My wee favourite ever so small espresso cup
blooms a floral Cezanne mixture on the side…
Tipped it over next to me
Too close it was
Whilst you were stroking my… … …
With (pause)
Your (pause)
Velvet (pause)
Tongue! (pause)
(mellow-ecstasy) Don’t stop (pause)
(mellow-ecstasy) Don’t stop (pause)
(mood change: domineering) I will evict you
if you cease.
Your velvet tongue (pause)
is (pause)
your lease.

© Cathy Flower 2011
 25th January 2011

Velvet Tongue limerick
(by Ernesto Sarezale)

I sip honey to warm up my tongue.
I use plenty because he’s well hung.
He pulls back the helmet,
it feels just like velvet,
but his dickhead just stinks like old dung.

(February 2011) 
(Picture by Ant Smith)

No comments:

Post a Comment